The Roasted Eggplant
Eggplant, 1 medium unit
Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons
Garlic, 3 cloves
Salt, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Olive oil, 1/4 cup
Raw tahini, 1/2 cup
Water, 1/2 cup
Lemon juice, 1/4 cup
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Parsley, 1/4 cup
Tomato, 1/2 medium unit
Hot green pepper, 1/2 medium unit
Mint, 1 tablespoon
1. Burn the whole eggplant on the stove, and every 2 minutes rotate it so that it burns on all sides until it is all burnt and slightly sooty.
2. Cool, gently remove the black peel and put in a colander for about 15 minutes to drain the excess liquid.
3. Transfer the whole eggplant to a baking tray, slice it slightly and drizzle with lemon juice.
4. Make a spread from the crushed garlic, salt and olive oil, spread on the eggplant and bake in the oven at 390°F (200°C) for about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare tahini in the desired texture (mix well the tahini ingredients).
6. Transfer the baked eggplant to a serving plate, drizzle the prepared tahini over it and garnish with diced tomato, hot pepper and mint.
7. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 30-60 min
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.