Onion, 2 medium units
Garlic, 5 cloves
Cumin seeds, 1 flat tablespoon
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Whole basmati rice, 2 cups
Chickpea, 1½ cups
Green lentil, 2 cups
Carrot, 3 large units
Potato, 2 medium units
Zucchini, 1 medium unit
Tomato, 1 medium unit
White champignon mushroom, 200 g
Celery, 2 whole stalks
Parsley, 2 medium stalks
Dill, 2 stalks
Cumin, 1 heaping tablespoon
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
1. Fry the onion, garlic and cumin seeds in the olive oil for about 10 minutes until softened while stirring.
2. Transfer to a pot designed for the oven.
3. Add all the ingredients to the pot, and cover with boiling water (up to the height of the ingredients).
4. Place the pot in the oven and bake at 390°F (200°C) turbo.
5. Stir and cover the pot after 30 minutes.
6. Continue to bake and after 1 hour remove the lid, mix again and continue to bake without the lid until the water runs out (the baking time depends on the oven, the size of the pot, the amount of ingredients and water).
7. Serve and eat hot a delicious vegan rice cholent - delicious also when cold!
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 2-3 hours
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying and cooking. The lentils and chickpeas come partially cooked already in the bag (frozen) - they should be prepared according to the instructions on the packaging (bring to a boil and strain).