Whole semolina, 1½ cups
Corn flour, 3/4 cup
Sea salt, 2 flat teaspoons
Water, 3/4 cup
Chestnuts, 100 g
Onion, 1 small unit
Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
Sea salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Onion, 1 medium unit
Garlic, 2 cloves
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Pumpkin, 300 g
Celery, 2 stalks
Water, 6 cups
Sea salt, 1 flat tablespoon
Black pepper, 1 flat teaspoon
Hawaij for soup, 1 flat teaspoon
Cane sugar, 1 heaping tablespoon
Lemon juice, 1/4 cup
1. For the kibbeh shell: mix the semolina with the corn flour, salt and water in a bowl until a uniform dough is obtained. Then, set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Knead for 2-3 minutes for a uniform and flexible dough (if necessary add a little more water), and set aside for another 5 minutes.
3. The filling: chop the chestnuts and fry the onion in oil.
4. Season with salt and black pepper, remove from the heat and mix with the chestnuts.
5. Set aside to cool.
6. The kibbeh: cut small circles (nut-sized) from the dough, open with the palm of your hand into a thin flat circle, fill with a little of the chestnut filling and close into a ball shape.
7. Roll the ball between your palms to smooth.
8. The soup: fry the chopped onion in olive oil until it becomes translucent, add the chopped garlic cloves and fry for 3 minutes.
9. Add pumpkin, celery leaves, water and the spices and sugar.
10. Bring to a boil and lower the heat slightly. After cooking for 15 minutes, add the kibbeh and continue to cook for about 30 minutes. Towards the end of cooking, add the lemon juice, taste and fix seasoning.
11. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours
The preparation method includes frying. A wonderful vegan soup that can be the main coarse!