Onion, 1 large unit
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Dry pea, 1½ cups
Orange lentil, 2 tablespoons
Potato, 1 medium unit
Carrot, 1 medium unit
Frozen garden pea, 1/4 cup
Garlic, 3 cloves
Parsley, 5 medium whole stalks
Cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Hawaij for soup, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Coarse salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
1. In a pan, fry the chopped onion in olive oil for about 10 minutes until golden.
2. Place all the ingredients in the pot except the salt, and fill with about 3 L of boiling water.
3. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 30 minutes (stirring occasionally).
4. Add another 2 cups of boiling water and continue to cook for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add the salt and mix (salt inhibits cooking so salt at the end).
5. Turn off the heat, remove the parsley stalks from the soup and leave with the lid closed until cool.
6. Blend the soup using a rod blender to the desired texture.
7. Serve hot and bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours
Equipment: rod blender.
The preparation method also includes frying.