Green lentils, 1 cup
Black lentils, 1 cup
Orange lentils, 1 cup
Onion, 1 large unit
Garlic, 3 cloves
Carrot, 2 large units
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Tomato paste, 1 tablespoon
Water, as needed
Ground cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Hawaij for soup, 1 flat teaspoon
Coarse salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Lemon juice, 1/2 unit
1. Soak the 3 types of lentils in a large bowl with plenty of water, wait about 3 hours, strain and wash well.
2. In a large and wide pot fry the onions, garlic and carrots in olive oil until lightly browned for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste, the lentils and a liter of boiling water to the pan (the water should cover the lentils in about 1 cm).
4. Mix, bring to a boil, cover the pot and lower the heat.
5. Cook for about 40 minutes until the lentils begin to soften.
6. Add the spices and the lemon juice, mix lightly and continue to cook on low heat for about 10 minutes (note that the stew remains slightly liquid).
7. Turn off the heat and serve hot a delicious vegan lentil stew.
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 3-4 hours
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.