Brown basmati rice, 2 cups
Carrot, 1 medium unit
Red pepper, 1 medium unit
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Water, 3 cups
Chickpea, 1 cup
Fried onion flakes, 2 tablespoons
Coarse salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Hawaij for soup, 1/4 flat teaspoon
1. Rinse the rice well in a colander and allow to dry while preparing the vegetables.
2. In a large pot, fry the vegetables in the olive oil until slightly softened (about 10 minutes).
3. Add the rice to the vegetables and mix lightly.
4. Add about 3 cups of boiling water (the water should cover the rice by about 2 cm), mix and bring to boil.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and mix.
5. Cover the pot, lower the heat and cook for about 30 minutes until the rice is soft and ready.
6. Turn off the heat and leave with the lid closed for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove the lid, and "open the rice." That means, mix it gently with forks until separated.
8. Serve hot and bon appetite (:
Total time: 30-60 min
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying.