Mung bean, 1 cup
Onion, 1 large unit
Carrot, 1 large unit
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Basmati rice, 1½ cups
Cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Baharat, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Turmeric, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Coarse salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
1. Soak the mung bean overnight in plenty of water and strain.
2. Cook the beans in a pot with plenty of water until softened (about 30 minutes to 1 hour) and strain.
3. Fry the onion and carrot in a wide pot with the olive oil for about 10 minutes, add the rice and mix.
4. Fill with boiling water to cover, 1 cm above the rice, bring to a boil, add the spices and cook over low heat with the lid closed until the rice is soft (for about 30 minutes).
5. Add the cooked bean to the pot, mix everything together and serve hot!
6. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying and soaking.