Whole spelt flour, 1 kg
Dry yeast, 3 tablespoons
Cane sugar, 1/2 cup
Olive oil, 1/2 cup
Thin pink salt from the Himalayas, 1½ tablespoons
Water, 2-2½ cups
Whole semolina, 3/4 cup
For Spreading and Sprinkling
Olive oil, 1½ cups
Dried parsley, 6 flat teaspoons
Garlic, 4 cloves
Coarse pink salt from the Himalayas, 2 tablespoons
1. Sift the flour, add the yeast and sugar and mix.
2. Add the olive oil and salt and continue to mix.
3. Add 2 cups of water and if necessary add some more water until a non-sticky and easy-to-work-with dough is obtained.
4. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes and set aside for about 1 hour until doubled in volume.
5. Mix the olive oil with the dried parsley and crushed garlic.
6. Divide the dough into 4 parts.
7. Sprinkle semolina on a baking paper, and roll each of the pieces over the semolina to a thickness of about 1 cm. Cut into sticks using a pizza roller. If you want the rolls to be nice and straight then cut the edges with the help of the pizza roller and transfer the leftovers to the rest of the dough.
8. Spread the olive oil mixture on top of the sticks. Then, sprinkle coarse salt to taste.
9. Bake at 390°F (200°C) for about 20 minutes. When removed from the oven, spread again the mixture of olive oil, parsley and garlic (gently so that the salt is still there).
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours