Quinoa, 3/4 cup
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Cooking water, as needed
The Rest of The Ingredients
Olive oil, 1-2 tablespoons
Onion, 1 small unit
Leek, 1 small unit
Red pepper, 1/2 medium unit
Yellow pepper, 1/2 medium unit
Green pepper, 1/2 medium unit
Orange pepper, 1/2 unit
Hot green pepper, 1/2 medium unit
Cabbage, 1/4 medium unit
Red cabbage, 1/4 medium unit
Carrot, 1 medium unit
Soy sauce, 2 tablespoons
Date honey, 1 tablespoon
Salt, 3/4 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
1. Soak the quinoa in water for about 1 hour. The purpose of soaking is to shorten the cooking time (it is not necessary to soak before but take this into account).
2. Cook the quinoa in salted water for about 5 minutes until it softens, strain and set aside (if not soaked - cook for about 20 minutes or until softened).
3. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onion and leek until lightly golden. Add the peppers, stir-fry a little and add the cabbages and carrot as well. Stir-fry for a few more minutes and add the cooked quinoa as well.
4. Add the soy sauce, date honey and spices, and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. That's it, ready! Bon appetite (:
You can sprinkle over roasted cashews or roasted peanuts.
The nutritional value does not include the orange pepper. The preparation time does not include the quinoa soaking time. The preparation method also includes stir-frying. The quinoa lovingly accepts all the flavors of the vegetables and the stew comes out wonderful. Both delicious, healthy and light (dietetic)! The dish is colorful, beautiful and makes the heart happy. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.