Canola oil, 3 tablespoons
Onion, 3 medium units
Carrot, 4 medium units
Zucchini, 4 medium units
Cauliflower, 1 medium unit
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Chickpea, 500 g
Dry bulgur, 1 kg
Turmeric, 1 flat teaspoon
Cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Parsley, 1 bunch
1. Fry all the vegetables in a pan with oil until golden (each vegetable is fried separately and transferred to a colander).
2. In a pot with a thick bottom, pour the olive oil and arrange the vegetables at the bottom of the pot: start with the onion and arrange it flat at the bottom of the pot, and continue with all the other vegetables and the cooked chickpeas (the amount in the recipe is for dried chickpeas that need to be cooked).
3. Place the bulgur on top of the vegetables and mash slightly. Pour boiling water 1 cm high above the bulgur, add the spices and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the pot closed for about 10 minutes.
4. Lift the lid out of the pot, place a tray on the pot and turn the pot over (the word maqluba in Arabic is upside down).
5. Lift the pot and a kind of cake is formed.
6. Sprinkle over chopped parsley, and bon appetite (:
The preparation method also includes frying. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation time does not include the chickpeas soaking and cooking time.