Lentil, 1 cup
Quinoa, 1½ cups
Onion, 1 large unit
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Garlic, 3 cloves
Carrot, 1 large unit
Boiling water, as needed
Salt, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Turmeric, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Hawaij for soup, 1/4 flat teaspoon
1. Soak the green lentils overnight in a bowl with plenty of water and strain.
2. Soak the white quinoa in a bowl with plenty of water for about 30 minutes and strain.
3. In a large and wide pan with a lid, fry the chopped onion for about 5 minutes in the olive oil.
4. Add the garlic and carrot to the onion, mix and fry for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the lentils and quinoa, cover with boiling water 1 cm above the quinoa, bring to a boil and add the spices.
6. Stir, lower the heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes (stirring occasionally). If the water runs out and the quinoa is not ready yet, add some more boiling water and continue to cook.
7. Serve hot, delicious and also cold.
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying.