Pumpkin, 500 g
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Za’atar leaves, 1 branch
Onion, 1 medium unit
Mushrooms, 6 average sizes
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Allspice, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Bay leaves, 3 leaves
Red wine, 1/3 cup
Peeled and roasted chestnuts, 5 units
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
The Pumpkin Slices Preparation:
1. Cut the pumpkin into roast-sized slices 2-3 cm thick.
2. Roast the pumpkin slices in olive oil with za’atar leaves (you can simply place the za’atar branch in the frying oil).
The Sauce Preparation:
1. Fry the onion.
2. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry.
3. Add the black pepper, allspice and bay leaves, and mix.
4. Add some water, some red wine and some chestnuts.
5. Cook the sauce for 10-15 minutes with the lid closed (if necessary, add water). Add the salt and then the pumpkin roast. Cover the pot with a lid and let the sauce simmer for a while, until the pumpkin is softened.
6. Bon appetite (:
The nutritional value does not include the za’atar branch. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying and cooking.