Basmati rice, 2 cups
Canola oil, 2 tablespoons
Water, 3 cups
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Turmeric, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Cumin, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Onion, 1 medium unit
Canola oil, 1/4 cup
Carrot, 1 medium unit
Celery, 2 stems
Canned whole chickpeas, 300 g
Salt, a pinch
1. Fry the rice in oil for about 5 minutes until it is shiny and slightly golden.
2. Add the water and spices to the rice, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is ready.
3. Separately fry the onion in oil, add the carrot and celery (without the leaves) for about 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
4. Add the chickpeas, a little salt and the celery leaves, and mix for another 2 minutes.
5. Place everything on the prepared rice, mix well and serve hot.
6. Bon appetite (:
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying.