Carrot, 1 large unit
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Basmati rice, 1 cup
Boiling water, 2 cups
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Cumin seeds, 2 flat tablespoons
Zucchini, 1 medium unit
Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
1. In a large pot, fry the carrot with the olive oil for about 5 minutes, add the rice and fry for another 5 minutes while stirring.
2. Cover with boiling water, add salt and black pepper, bring to a boil, cover the pot, lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
3. While cooking the rice, roast the whole cumin seeds in a dry pan for about 2-3 minutes (be careful not to burn).
4. About 10 minutes from the start of cooking the rice, add the roasted cumin seeds, mix and continue to cook.
5. In a pan, stir-fry the zucchini cubes in the olive oil until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
6. Serve the rice in a serving dish and sprinkle the browned zucchini cubes over it. Eat hot!
7. Bon appetite (:
The preparation method also includes frying and stir-frying. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.