The Quinoa Stew
Red quinoa, 2 cups
Canola oil, 3 tablespoons
Cardamom, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Ground cloves, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Cinnamon, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Ground allspice, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Garlic, 1 clove
Boiling water, 3.5 cups
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Carrot, 2 medium units
Vegetable stock, as needed
Parsley, 3 tablespoons
Dill, 3 tablespoons
Sunflower sprouts, 1 handful
1. Lightly fry over low heat the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and allspice (without salt and pepper). Be careful not to burn so it won’t turn bitter.
2. Add the garlic and washed and strained red quinoa. Stir continuously so that everything is covered with the seasoned oil. After about 2 minutes add 3.5 cups of boiling water, salt and black pepper, cover the pot well and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the carrot cubes in a stock consisting of all the root vegetables (turnips, kohlrabi, onions, garlic, leeks, thyme leaves and 6 allspice berries) for at least two hours over low heat. In the last half hour add the parsley and dill.
4. Remove the carrot when checking that it is ready, otherwise continue until ready.
5. Arrange the carrots on the red quinoa stew and serve.
6. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 2-3 hours
The nutritional value does not include the vegetable stock and the sunflower sprouts. The preparation method also includes frying.