Cholent mixture (white bean, red bean and chickpea), 2 cups
Round whole rice, 1 cup
Onion, 2 large units
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Garlic, 6 cloves
Potato, 8 medium units
Sweet potato, 1 large unit
Carrot, 2 large units
Tomato, 1 large unit
Celery, 2 stalks
Parsley, 3 medium stalks
Vegetable soup powder, 1 flat tablespoon
Cumin, 1 heaping teaspoon
Sweet paprika, 1 heaping teaspoon
Spicy paprika, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Salt, 1 flat tablespoon
Black pepper, 1 flat teaspoon
Ras el hanout, 1 heaping teaspoon
Water, as needed
1. Soak the bean and chickpea in a bowl of water overnight. In the morning wash and strain.
2. Fry the onions in oil for about 5 minutes until lightly browned, add the chopped garlic cloves and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Cut the potatoes into quarters, the sweet potato into cubes, the carrots into thick semicircles, the tomato into cubes and the celery into large pieces.
4. Place all the ingredients in a wide pot (including the rice, parsley and spices) with a lid designed for baking in the oven, and cover with boiling water (the water should cover all the ingredients by about 1 cm).
5. Cover the pot and place in the oven at 390°F (200°C) for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, lower the oven to 250°F (120°C) and bake for another 6 hours.
7. You can take the pot out from time to time, mix gently, cover and return to the oven.
8. Eat hot - delicious for children too.
9. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying. The nutritional value does not include the Ras el hanout spice mix.