Green lentil, 800 g
Chickpea, 2 cups
Olive oil, 5 tablespoons (3 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons)
Red onion, 2 medium units
Carrot, 2 medium units
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
White pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Cumin, 1 flat tablespoon
Turmeric, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Sweet paprika, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Spicy paprika, 1/2 flat teaspoon
1. In a pan with plenty of water, bring the green lentil to a boil. After 5 minutes of boiling, remove them from the pot to a bowl using a colander.
2. In the same pot with the water, bring the chickpea to a boil and strain the water.
3. In a large and wide pan, fry in 3 tablespoons of olive oil the onions (cut into thin slices or half slices) and the carrots (cut into small cubes) for about 15 minutes until they soften and browned.
4. Lower the heat and add the salt, white pepper, cumin and turmeric, and mix lightly.
5. Add the lentils and cook everything together for about 10 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and cover.
7. In a separate pan, fry the chickpeas with the sweet and spicy paprika in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 15 minutes, until the chickpeas are slightly browned, and add them to the lentil stew.
8. Mix gently everything together and serve hot.
9. Bon appetite (:
The preparation method also includes frying. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.