Whole wheat flour 80%, 1 kg
Thin pink salt from the Himalayas, 1 heaping tablespoon
Sugarcane, 4 flat tablespoons
Fresh yeast, 50 g
Water, 630 ml
Olive oil, 1/2 cup
Date honey, 2 teaspoons
Water, 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons
Coarse salt, 1 tablespoon
1. Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add the yeast and mix.
3. Add the water and knead until a soft dough is obtained.
4. Add the olive oil and continue to knead (leave some of the oil to grease the dough and the bowl).
5. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour until doubled in volume.
6. Divide the dough into challahs according to the desired size and form challahs or even rolls.
7. Place each challah in a pan lined with baking paper and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
8. Preparation of the coating: Mix the date honey with water, spread on the challah and sprinkle with sesame seeds and coarse salt.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for about 20-30 minutes (depends on your oven).
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours