1. Soak the saffron with 1/2 cup of boiling water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Fill the pot with water about 3/4 the height of the pot.
3. When the water is boiling add the salt and rice, cook the rice for about 8 minutes and strain. Occasionally mix to prevent lumps.
4. Transfer about 2 cups of rice to a bowl and 1/4 cup of water with saffron and mix (mix the remaining quarter with a tablespoon of oil).
5. Boil about 3 tablespoons of oil in a pot, transfer the rice we mixed with the saffron to the pot and tighten well. Leave for at least 5 to 8 minutes over medium heat.
6. Lower the heat and add the remaining rice, add to the pot the 1/4 cup of the saffron with the water with a spoon and drizzle over the rice.
7. Close with a lid wrapped in a towel and leave for another 20 minutes.
8. Turn over on a plate and serve a delicious vegan rice with saffron!
9. Bon appetite (:
You can also use Persian rice or jasmine rice.
Total time: ±1 hour