Green lentil, 1 cup
Brown basmati rice, 1 cup
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Onion, 1 medium unit
Garlic, 3 cloves
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Water, as needed
1. Soak the green lentils overnight in plenty of water and strain. Also soak the basmati rice with water for about two hours and strain.
2. Cook the lentils in a pot with a lot of water (about 3 cups), and when they are soft (after 30 minutes) strain.
3. Cook the brown basmati rice in double the amount of water (about 2 cups), until it is soft and ready to eat (about 40 minutes - depending on the pot and the heat).
4. In a pan, fry the onion and garlic in oil until it turns slightly brown, add the seasoning, rice and lentils, and mix everything together in a pan for a few minutes to blend flavors.
5. Taste, if necessary fix seasoning and serve hot a tasty vegan mujadara!
6. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days
The preparation method also includes soaking and frying. The preparation method also includes frying. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.