Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Green onion, 1 small unit
Basmati rice, 1½ cups
Atlantic sea salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Cashew, 1/2 cup
Cranberry, 1 handful
Goji berry, 1 handful
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the green onion and fry for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the rice (strained white basmati rice, after soaking for about 1 hour in a bowl of lukewarm water) and fry together for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the salt, cover with boiling water (1 cm above the rice) and bring everything to a boil.
4. Lower the heat, cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, roast the cashews in a small pan without oil for about 5 minutes until lightly browned (be careful not to burn).
6. After 15 minutes of cooking, add the roasted cashews, cranberries and goji berries to the rice, mix lightly and cook together for another 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat, place a kitchen towel over the pot and wait about 10 minutes.
8. Mix the rice using a wooden forks, transfer to a serving dish and eat hot.
9. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours
The preparation method also includes frying and roasting.