Brown basmati rice, 1 cup
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Onion, 1 large unit
Garlic, 2 cloves
Carrot, 2 medium units
Salt, 2 flat teaspoons
Black pepper, 1 flat teaspoon
Boiling water, as needed
1. Soak the brown rice in a bowl with boiling water for at least 30 minutes, then strain the liquids.
2. Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion while stirring a little.
3. Add the garlic and mix.
4. Add the soaked rice and diced carrots, and continue to mix for at least 4-5 minutes (do not worry, the brown rice does not burn like the white rice).
5. Add 2 cups boiling water, salt, black pepper and other spices you like to taste. Mix well, cover with a lid, lower to medium heat and continue to cook for about 30-40 minutes.
6. Mix a little and see that there is no unnecessary liquids in the pot. Turn off the heat, cover the pot with a towel and top with the lid, and set aside for another 30 minutes.
7. It is recommended to eat with a bowl of fresh salad, of course it is possible with a side dish of vegan meat or as you like to eat delicious and healthy brown rice.
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours
The preparation method also includes soaking and frying. It is so healthy and not many people like it... It also took me a while to get used to it and it is wonderful and delicious! I make it this way and of course you can add vegetables as you like (dill, peas, chopped zucchini and more).