Spinach medallions, 400 g
Organic tofu, 300 g
Salt, a pinch
Black pepper, a pinch
Olive oil, 1-2 tablespoons
Rest of ingredients
Rolled puff pastry, 1 kg
Olive oil, 8 teaspoons
Organic whole sesame seeds, 1 handful
Water, as needed
1. Thaw and strain the spinach medallions well (it is important that there is almost no water left).
2. Add the tofu and mash everything into as homogeneous paste as possible.
3. Add salt and black pepper to taste. You can add a little olive oil to create a softer dough (1-2 tablespoons).
1. Divide the puff pastry into four equal parts.
2. Roll each piece into size of 30X25 cm leaf of dough.
3. Spread a little olive oil (a teaspoon of olive oil per dough leaf - a total of 4 teaspoons) and place in the lower third of the rectangle a quarter of the amount of the filling.
4. Cover with the leaf underneath and close from the sides. Roll until you get a "sausage" in which the filling is closed.
5. The "sausage" obtained is turned into a snail (see picture).
6. Spread a little olive oil (a teaspoon of olive oil on each pastry - a total of 4 teaspoons) and sprinkle sesame seeds on the pastry.
7. Prick the top of the snail with a fork. Place in a greased pan. Repeat the process with the remaining three parts of the dough.
8. Place in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C). Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
9. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
The preparation method also includes cooking.