Whole cumin seeds, 1 heaping tablespoon
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Carrot, 2 medium units
Basmati rice, 1 cup
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon
Champignon mushroom, 200 g
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Boiling water, as needed
1. In a large pan, fry the cumin seeds in the olive oil. When they begin to crackle and spread aroma - add the diced carrots.
2. Continue to fry, add the basmati rice to the pan and mix for about 5 minutes with a wooden spoon.
3. Cover with boiling water (about 2 cm above) and bring to a boil.
4. Add the spices, lower the heat, cover the pot and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water runs out and the rice is soft and ready to eat.
5. Fry the mushroom cubes in a separate pan in the olive oil.
6. Serve a portion of rice on a serving plate and sprinkle a handful of the fried mushrooms on top.
7. Bon appetite (:
The preparation method also includes frying. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.