Whole spelt flour, 1 cup
Oatmeal, 1¼ cups
Whole sesame seeds, 1/2 cup
Peeled sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Garlic powder, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Water, 1/2 L
Poppy, 2-3 flat tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
2. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl (except of the poppy seeds) and mix. It will look like flour soup and that's fine.
3. Place baking paper on a baking tray and oil it slightly (by spraying or spreading, whatever you have at home).
4. Pour the mixture into the oven tray, and with the back of a spoon or spatula, flatten the mixture as much as possible.
5. Sprinkle the poppy seeds and bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
6. Take the tray out of the oven and cut squares with a sharp knife or pizza roller.
7. Return to the oven for another 45 minutes until the squares are dry (you will see that they are separated from each other).
8. Keep in a sealed jar and enjoy (:
Tips and variations:
1. You can play with the toppings: black sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds etc.
2. Instead of whole spelt flour you can use whole wheat flour or white flour.
3. The slicing step is important because if you do not do it at this stage - the crackers will be too hard for a clean cut.
4. Those who like the thinner crackers can split the batter into two trays and then the second baking time would be about 25 minutes and the oven would be on turbo setting (while occasionally switching between the trays).
Total time: ±1 hour