The kadaif noodles and “cheese”
Coconut cream, 2 cans (800 ml)
kadaif noodles, 200 g
Cane sugar, 1/2 cup
Liquid coconut oil, 1/2 cup
Cane sugar, 1/4 cup
Boiling water, 1/2 cup
Rose water extract, a few drops
1. Pre-place the coconut cream in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours so that the layer of cream separates from the liquid and solidifies.
2. The kadaif noodles should be refrigerated for 12 hours or at room temperature for two hours.
3. Open the box of coconut cream from its underside and pour out the water (you can save them for another use, for the vegan knafeh we do not not need them).
4. Transfer the coconut cream to a food processor along with the sugar, and mix until a uniform mixture without lumps of coconut cream is obtained.
5. Tear the kadaif noodles by hand and arrange half of them in the bottom of a mold.
6. Spread the "cheese mixture" over the kadaif layer and over another layer of kadaif noodles.
7. Pour the coconut oil over and bake for about half an hour at 375°F (190°C).
8. Mix the syrup ingredients and pour over.
9. You get a delicious homemade vegan knafeh!
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 30-60 min
Equipment: food processor.
The preparation method also includes cooling. The preparation time does not include the coconut cream cooling and the kadaif noodles defrosting. Can be used in any mold. It can also be prepared in a few small molds for individual servings.