Olives, 1½ kg
Lemon with peel, 2 medium units
Garlic, 1 head
Hot green pepper, 2 medium units
Salt, 15 heaping teaspoons
Water, 15 cups
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
1. First, "knock" each olive with a kitchen hammer until it cracks.
2. Transfer to a bowl and rinse with water. Soak the olives in water and change water every 24 hours for 10 days.
3. Put the olives in a jar of the desired size (preferably glass jar). Try to make layers inside the jar: olives first, lemon, garlic, hot pepper and again the same thing.
4. Prepare a pickling concentrate in the following ratio: to each cup of water add a heaping teaspoon of salt, mix well until the salt dissolves in the water, pour into the jar until the jar is almost full, 2-3 cm before closing.
5. Add olive oil over the water layer.
6. Close tightly (it is best to place a plastic bag under the lid) and then seal
7. Place the jar in a dark place for at least a month.
8. Enjoy (:
Of course the hot pepper is not mandatory, those who want more hot can add pepper and those who do not then less or not at all.
Total time: weeks
The nutritional value does not include the olives. The credit for the recipe is to my dear husband - I'm just the sous-chef in this case. The amounts of salt and water are estimated amounts, it can vary depending on the size of the jar and the amount of olives.