Large chickpeas, 1 cup
Lemon juice, 3-5 tablespoons
Garlic, 4 cloves
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Cumin, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Salt, 3/4 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Raw tahini, 3/4 cup
Chickpeas’ cooking water, as needed
1. Soak the large chickpeas in water for at least 12 hours.
2. Cook the chickpeas for about an hour until they soften (check).
3. Grind the cooked chickpeas in a blender together with all the ingredients except the raw tahini (do not forget to also combine the cooking water of the chickpeas). It should be noted that some water may need to be added to the mixture.
4. Add the raw tahini, continue to grind in the blender until you get the desired hummus’ texture and serve delicious and healthy homemade hummus along with tahini, chopped parsley, olive oil, paprika and whole cooked chickpeas.
5. The hummus should be eaten up to 2-3 days from the day of preparation (keep in the refrigerator).
6. Bon appetite (:
You can upgrade the hummus with a little spicy on the side.
Total time: 1-2 days
The preparation method also includes soaking and cooking.