The Rice and Lentil
Red rice, 1/2 cup
Brown basmati rice, 1/2 cup
Black lentil, 1/2 cup
Water, 2½ cups
The Other Ingredians
Water, 3 tablespoons
Spicy paprika, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Cumin, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Dried thyme, 1 flat teaspoon
Tofu, 200 g
Coarse salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Onion, 1 medium unit
Walnut, 1/2 cup
Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
1. Pre-soak the black lentils in water for at least about 4 hours. You can pre-soak a large amount of lentils, freeze and use each time as necessary.
2. Cook the two types of rice and the black lentils together in the same pot (covered pot) with the water for about 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the tofu: in a bowl, place 3 tablespoons of water, spicy paprika, cumin and dry thyme, and mix.
4. Cut the tofu into small cubes and add to the bowl with the water and spices.
5. Pour the contents of the bowl into a tray lined with aluminum foil (can also grease the foil a little so that the tofu could easily come out), and arrange the tofu cubes on it. Pour the rest of the sauce we made over the tofu.
6. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on the tofu cubes, and place in the toaster oven (or oven) for about 15 minutes until the tofu goldens and becomes crispier and lighter.
7. Chop the onion and walnuts.
8. Heat a little olive oil in a small pan and fry the onion with a little salt until it becomes translucent and softens.
9. Add the nuts to the onion and continue to fry for another 3-4 minutes.
10. Mix the cooked rice and lentils with the baked tofu, onion and nuts. Pour over the lemon juice and mix well.
11. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 5-7 hours
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes soaking, frying and baking.