Water, 4-4.5 cups
Olive oil, 1/4 cup
Thin pink salt from the Himalayas, 2 teaspoons
Cane sugar, 1 flat teaspoon
Whole wheat matzo flour, 400 g
Flax seeds, 3 tablespoons
Water, 1/4 cup
1. Boil 3 cups of the water in a pot along with the olive oil, salt and sugar, and when boiling turn off the heat.
2. Add the matzo flour and mix (crumbly dough is obtained and that's o.k).
3. Let the dough cool slightly until you are able to touch it.
4. Add the ground flax mixed with 0.25 cup water.
5. Gradually add the rest of the water to the dough (preferably lukewarm), and mix until a uniform and sticky mixture is obtained.
6. Create round or elongated rolls (if the dough is sticky you can wet your hands a little).
7. Place the rolls on a baking tray lined with greased baking paper.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 390°F (200°C) for about 30 minutes. You got tasty vegan Passover rolls!
9. Bon appetite (:
You can also use regular matzo flour but then you need to use half the amount of water.
Total time: ±1 hour