Onion, 1 small unit
Olive oil, 4 tablespoons
Basmati rice, 1½ cups
Whole leaf spinach, 800 g
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Boiling water, as needed
1. Fry the onion in olive oil for about 10 minutes until softened and lightly browned.
2. Add the rice and mix. Fry together for a few minutes and cover with boiling water up to about 2 cm above the rice.
3. Bring to a boil and add the frozen spinach (no need to thaw). Bring to a boil again, season with salt and black pepper, lower the heat and cover.
4. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
5. Turn off the heat, place a kitchen towel on the lid and wait about 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove the lid and "fan" the rice gently with wooden forks.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
8. Bon appetite (:
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. You can also use fresh spinach: there is no need to cook it before, it will cook excellently along with the rice.