Sweet potato, 500 g
Olive oil, 4 tablespoons
Ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Whole spelt flour, 1 cup
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Water, as needed
Olive oil, 10-12 tablespoons
Whole spelt breadcrumbs, 2 cups
1. Place the whole sweet potatoes in the oven at 480°F (250°C) and roast them for about 30 minutes.
2. Peel them and put in a bowl.
3. Add the olive oil and spices and mix.
4. Add the flour gradually until a dough that easy to work with is obtained.
5. Boil salted water in a pot to cook the gnocchi.
6. Flour the work surface, and form long rolls about 1 cm thick from the dough.
7. Cut each roll into gnocchi-sized sections, using a sharp knife.
8. Transfer a small amount of gnocchi to the boiling water at a time and wait 3-4 minutes, until the gnocchi float to the top. Take out and continue like this.
9. Transfer the prepared gnocchi in small portions into a bowl with the olive oil, and immediately afterwards into a bowl with the breadcrumbs (no frying needed but you can).
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
Clarification: The gnocchi is crispy only if eaten right away, so if you are planning on eating it later - try to fry it instead. The preparation method also includes baking.