Whole spelt flour, 5.5 cups
Dry yeast, 2 tablespoons
Water, 2 cups
Olive oil, 1/2 cup
Salt, 1 flat tablespoon
Date honey, 1 teaspoon
Water, 2 tablespoon
Whole sesame seeds, 1/2 cup
1. In a large bowl, mix the yeast together with the water.
2. Add 2 cups of spelt flour, mix well until there are no lumps and wait 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles.
3. Add the rest of the dough ingredients, and knead well until a uniform and slightly sticky dough is obtained.
4. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 hour, until doubled in volume.
5. Create rolls (elongated/round shaped) and place at intervals on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes.
7. Mix the date honey with the water and spread on the rolls.
8. Dip each bun in sesame seeds from all sides and return to the tray.
9. Place in a preheated oven at 390°F (200°C) and bake for about 20 minutes.
10. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 hours