Red pepper, 7 large units
Onion, 1 large unit
Olive oil, 3 tablespoons
Basmati rice, 1½ cups
Crushed tomatoes, 250 g
Tomato paste, 100 g
Parsley, 1/4 cup
Celery, 1 stalk
Garlic, 3 cloves
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1 flat teaspoon
Tomato juice, 1 L
Boiling water, 1 L
1. Cut the top of each pepper (keep it) and remove the contents of the pepper. Place the peppers neatly in the pot.
2. In a pan, fry the chopped onion in the olive oil for about 10 minutes until softened.
3. In a bowl, mix the rice, fried onion, half of the crushed tomatoes and half of the tomato paste, the chopped parsley and celery leaves, the garlic, the salt and the black pepper.
4. Fill each pepper about 0.75 of its height with the mixture, add some tomato juice and cover each pepper with its lid.
5. Fill the pot with the rest of the tomato juice, the boiling water and the rest of the crushed tomatoes and the tomato paste between the peppers, and place the celery stalk in the pot as well.
6. Cook over high heat until boiling, lower the heat, cover the pot and cook for about 45 minutes or until the rice inside the peppers is soft.
7. Serve stuffed pepper and some sauce, and eat hot!
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
The preparation method also includes frying. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.