Cashew, 1 cup
Water, 1/4 cup
Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon
Thin salt from the Himalayas, 2 teaspoons
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Water, 1 cup
Agar Agar powder, 1 tablespoon
Za'atar seasoning mixture, 6 flat teaspoons
1. Grind the cashews with the water (0.25 cup), lemon juice and spices in a blender.
2. Bring to a boil, while stirring, the water (1 cup) together with a tablespoon of agar agar powder.
3. Pour the water with the agar agar into the blender and mix just until a smooth mixture is obtained.
4. Transfer to the refrigerator for about two hours (to stabilize).
5. Form balls in the size of a ping pong ball and dip them in za’atar seasoning.
6. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 5-7 hours
The nutritional value does not include the agar agar powder (seaweed that is usually used as a substitute for gelatin. It is available as a powder or flakes in health food stores).