1. Soak the dried peas overnight in a bowl of water and strain.
2. Place the carrots and peas in a pot, cover with boiling water and cook for about 30 (after boiling, lower the heat and cook with the lid half closed).
3. Taste and if the peas are already a little soft add the red lentils, diced potatoes, oatmeal and herbs.
4. Add more boiling water to a "soupy" texture and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt to taste and mix. You can add more boiling water to the desired texture. Serve hot.
6. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days