Buckwheat, 1 cup
Water, as needed
Sea salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Dried coriander, 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Red pepper, 3 medium units
Eggplant, 1 medium unit
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Raw tahini, 3 tablespoons
Oats, 1/3 cup
Canola oil spray, as needed
1. Cook the buckwheat together with 2 cups of water and the spices for about 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the buckwheat is cooked.
2. Cool the buckwheat and at the same time roast the peppers in a preheated oven on 365°F (185°C), until their skin turns slightly black.
3. Cool the peppers, remove the peel and chop finely.
4. Cut the eggplant into small cubes and steam for about 10 minutes in olive oil and 3 tablespoons of water while stirring, until it softens.
5. Place the cooked buckwheat, steamed eggplant and chopped roasted peppers in the bowl, as well as the raw tahini and oats. Mix everything together while kneading (so that the mixture has a uniform texture).
6. Taste and season more if needed - buckwheat loves strong and dominant seasoning.
7. Form patties from the mixture about the size of a palm. Place on greased baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for about 35 minutes, until the patties are golden.
8. Bon appetite (:
Recommended to serve with tahini.
Total time: ±1 hour
Buckwheat is easy to digest, rich in plant minerals and proteins and is gluten-free. The preparation method also includes cooking and roasting.