Cabbage, 1 large unit
Carrot, 3 medium units
Celery, 2 stalks
Water, 2 L
Salt, 2 heaping tablespoons
Lemon juice, 1 unit
Whole black pepper, 5-6 peppercorns
Bay leaf, 4 units
1. Wash all the cabbage and celery and peel the carrots.
2. Cut the cabbage head into 4 and the carrots into thick round pieces.
3. Prepare a large jar or pot with a lid for the pickling process.
4. In that dish, arrange all the ingredients that appear in the recipe in order so that the celery stalks are either at the bottom or at the top (except the water, lemon juice and salt).
5. Prepare the salt water - dissolve the salt in cold water while mixing and add the lemon juice, black peppercorns and bay leaves.
6. Cover the vegetables with the salt and lemon water so that they are fully covered. If there is a lack of salt water, make more.
7. If using a pot, it is important that the vegetables do not float on the water. They are supposed to be fully covered. then put a plate on top of everything, it will hold the vegetables in water.
8. Wait 3 days until small bubbles appear on the water on the sides of the pot or jar (most important step).
9. Put everything in the fridge to keep it from getting spoiled.
10. On the fourth day you can eat the tasty pickled cabbage.
11. Enjoy (:
Total time: 3-4 days
Equipment: large jar or pot with a lid for the pickling process.
The nutritional value does not include the whole black pepper.