Turnip, 2 large units
Salt, 4 heaping tablespoons
Beet, 1 unit
Water, 8 cups
natural vinegar 5%, 1/4 cup
1. Rinse the turnips thoroughly and peel only the damaged parts.
2. Cut the turnips in half lengthwise and then slice into 1 cm (0.5 inch) thick slices.
3. Peel the beet and cut into 4 pieces.
4. In a glass jar place layers of turnip slices and between them the beet pieces.
5. Season with salt and fill with water until the vegetables are covered.
6. Pour over the vinegar.
7. Close the jar tightly, place over a plate and leave on the counter for about a week.
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 week
Equipment: glass jar.
The amount of water varies according to the size of the jar. The preparation time can be shortened in winter.