Turkish pilas dough, 600 g
The almonds and nuts filling
Almonds, 1 cup
Pistachio, 1 cup
Walnuts, 1 cup
Vanilla sugar, 20 g
Cardamom, 1/2 flat teaspoon
The sugar syrup
Sugar, 2 cups
Water, 1½ Cups
Lemon juice, 1 unit
1. Divide the pilas dough into 3 parts.
2. Place one part of the dough in a 13x10.5 inch (33x27 cm) Pyrex pan.
3. Coarsely grind all the filling ingredients, spread generously over the dough, again lay dough, again the almond and nut mixture and again cover with the dough.
4. Cut with a sharp knife into rhombuses and bake at 356°F (180°C) for about 40 minutes or until golden.
5. Meanwhile, cook the sugar syrup for about 25 minutes or until slightly thickens.
6. When the baklava is ready, pour the sugar syrup over it and let it cool.
7. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
Equipment: 13x10.5 inch (33x27 cm) Pyrex pan.
The preparation method also includes cooking/boiling.