White flour, 1 kg
Dry yeast, 2 tablespoons
Sugar, 1/2 cup
Cold water, 450 ml
Grape seed oil, 1/4 cup
Real vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Coconut oil, 6 teaspoons
Strawberry jam, 8 teaspoons
Sugar powder, 2 tablespoons
1. Place the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the mixer bowl with a kneading dough hook, and turn it on slowly.
2. Add the oil, water and vanilla extract, and mix for about 10 minutes at a slow-medium speed until a uniform dough is obtained.
3. Add the coconut oil, teaspoon by teaspoon, until completely absorbed into the dough and mix for another 2 minutes until the dough is smooth.
4. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and rise for about an hour to double the volume.
5. Place the dough on baking paper, divide it into parts weighing 60 g each and roll each part into a ball. Place the balls with space between each other on baking paper-lined pans.
6. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel and rise for 30-45 minutes to double the volume.
7. Bake the vegan sufganiyot in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for about 20 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for about 5 minutes.
8. Inject about 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each sufganiyah with a syringe or pastry bag and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
9. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 2-3 hours
Equipment: food processor.