Onion, 1 medium unit
Tomato, 4-5 units
Garlic, 2 cloves
Black beans, 1 cup
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Sweet paprika, 2/3 flat teaspoon
Ground cumin, a pinch
1. The black beans can be pre-cooked in water, strained, washed and then added to the stew. Another option is to put the soaked beans directly into the stew. The advantage of cooking the beans in advance is that we save time on cooking the tomatoes and leave them with greater nutritional value. Also, separate cooking may reduce the gases and soften the taste of the beans. At the same time, it is easy and convenient to add the soaked beans directly to the stew.
2. Cooking the beans separately: First, it is important to make sure that the black beans are soaked for at least 8 hours in water. Then, place the black beans in a pot and cook it with water in a ratio of 1 to 6 (i.e. 6 cups of water per cup of beans). Cook for about 2-3 hours. At the end of cooking, strain and wash. Beans can be used immediately or frozen for future use.
3. Peel and chop the onion, then steam it in a pan with a little water. When the onion starts to turn golden, chop the tomatoes and add to the onion (option: you can take 3 tomatoes and add them to the onion, while the remaining 2 grind in a blender and add as tomato paste for thickness and unification).
4. Steam the tomatoes with the onion. When the pot is filled with liquids, cover it and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, mixing occasionally.
5. When the sauce becomes relatively uniform, add the black beans and water and cook. If the beans we added are cooked, the cooking time will be about 15 minutes, while if the beans are not cooked - add a lot of water and cook for about two hours.
6. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes soaking and steaming.