Cauliflower, 1 medium unit
Shallot onion, 15 units
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
Ginger root, 1 tablespoon
Leek, 1 unit
Champignon mushrooms, 1 basket (200 g)
Sage leaf, 1 unit
Coconut cream, 20 g
Coarse salt, a pinch
Black pepper, a pinch
Ground nutmeg, a pinch
Water, as needed
1. Heat the cauliflower flowers in a pot with boiling water, forget about them for a while until they soften and in the meantime move on to making the soup.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pot and fry the shallots together with the ginger until partially transparent.
3. Make sure the pot is covered to give it the desired effect and add the leeks. Continue to steam for a few more minutes.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms to the pot and the sage leaf.
5. Add the coconut cream until it is completely melted and continue steaming until the cauliflower has softened enough and can be added to the pot.
6. Add the cauliflower flowers to the pot and carefully also add the water in which it was cooked, believe me - it adds strong flavors. Add the spices and mix.
7. Note that the water will always cover the vegetables by 1 cm, until the components are completely softened.
8. After boiling the soup, turn off the heat and mash the vegetables with a rod blender until a soup with a uniform texture is obtained.
9. Bring the soup to a further boil to reduce liquids. Serve hot with sage leaf on the side.
10. You get a great cauliflower soup!
11. Bon appetite (:
Equipment: rod blender.
The preparation method also includes frying-steaming. The nutritional value does not include the coconut cream and sage leaf.