Onion, 1 medium unit
Olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons
Potato, 3 medium units
Carrot, 2 medium units
Red pepper, 1 medium unit
Sweet potato, 1 medium unit
Celery, 1½ stalks
Zucchini, 1 medium unit
Dry bulgur, 4 flat tablespoons
Green lentils, 4 tablespoons
Tomato, 1 medium unit
Salt, 1/2 flat tablespoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat tablespoon
Cumin, 1/4 flat tablespoon
Turmeric, 1/4 flat tablespoon
Paprika, less than 1/4 flat tablespoon
Water, as needed
1. Peel and cut the onion into medium cubes.
2. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a wide and deep pot. After a minute, when the oil warms up a little, add the onion, and stir until golden.
3. Meanwhile, cut the potatoes, carrots, red pepper, sweet potato, celery and zucchini into medium cubes.
4. Once the onion is lightly golden, add all the other vegetables, bulgur and green lentils. Grate one tomato on top of the vegetables (without the peel).
5. Allow the vegetables to evaporate (do not cover the pot!), mixing occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes add the spices, mix again, cook for another 3 minutes and then add boiling water until slightly above the height of the vegetables.
7. You can increase the heat slightly from time to time, mix and taste until the vegetables are soft.
8. Remove the pot from the heat and pour into soup bowls.
9. Bon appetite (:
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying.