Chickpeas, 1½ cups
Garlic, 6-7 cloves
Coriander, 1/2 bunch
Cumin, 1 flat tablespoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Baharat, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Salt, 1½ flat teaspoons
White flour, 1 flat tablespoon
Golden bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons
Sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons
Baking soda, 1 flat teaspoon
Canola oil, 1/4 cup
1. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight, wash and strain.
2. Grind the chickpeas together with the coriander and garlic (it is recommended to grind in a meat grinder, but it is also possible in a food processor).
3. Add all the other ingredients, mix well and set aside for about a quarter of an hour.
4. Make small falafel balls, heat the deep oil in a deep pot and fry well until the falafel balls are ready (see more information about the amount of oil in the recipe).
5. It is recommended to slightly absorb the falafel balls in absorbent paper after frying and serve hot.
6. Bon appetite (:
Serve in pita with hummus, tahini, vegetable salad, sauerkraut, Zhug and amba. White onions can be added (to the grinding part). In addition, those who like hot falafel can also add ground hot pepper.
Total time: 1-2 days
The amount of oil in the recipe is an estimated amount absorbed in the falafel after frying. You should fry in deep oil so that a larger amount of oil will need to be used. The preparation method also includes soaking and grinding. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste.