Chickpea, 500 g
Onion, 2 large units
Garlic, 7-10 cloves
Coriander, 1/2 bunch
Parsley, 1/2 bunch
Sliced bread, 1 slice
White flour, 1 flat tablespoon
Salt, 1 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Paprika, 1 flat teaspoon
Cumin, 1 flat teaspoon
Baking soda, 1 flat tablespoon
Canola oil, 1/2 cup
1. Soak the chickpeas in water overnight in advance (at least 12 hours, preferably even longer - up to two days soaking).
2. Grind the soaked chickpeas in a food processor, then add all the other ingredients except the spices and grind well into a smooth mixture without lumps.
3. Mix everything together and add the spices (the baking soda at the end).
4. Let it rest for 15 minutes and then form falafel balls.
5. Deep fry the falafel balls in oil (see more information on the amount of oil).
6. Possible toppings for serving falafel: French fries, pita, hummus, tahini and any salad you like.
7. Bon appetite (:
Total time: 1-2 days
Equipment: food processor or any other grinder
The preparation method also includes grinding. The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The amount of oil in the recipe is an estimated amount absorbed in the falafel after frying. Use half a liter of oil for deep frying.