Onion, 1 large unit
Grape seed oil, 3 tablespoons
Garlic, 2 cloves
Mashed tomatoes with added basil, 800 g
Tomato paste, 100 g
Brown sugar, 1 flat teaspoon
Salt, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Celery salt, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Black pepper, 1/4 flat teaspoon
Whole brown rice noodle, 300 g
1. In a pan, fry the onion in oil until it softens and turns golden (about 10 minutes).
2. In a pot with water, cook the rice noodle according to the manufacturer's instructions. Save a cup of the cooking water and rinse the noodles.
3. Add the chopped garlic to the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add the mashed tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt and black pepper to the pan, and stir for 5 minutes.
5. Add the cooking water to the sauce, mix to combine and cook for another 5 minutes with the lid closed. Stir before serving.
6. Serve the rice noodles in a serving dish and pour the sauce on top.
7. Eat hot (also delicious when cold).
8. Bon appetite (:
The spices in the recipe are according to personal taste. The preparation method also includes frying. Excellent, delicious and great for children too!