Grape seed oil, 1/8 cup
Whole spelt flour, 1¼ cups
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Boiling water, 1/4 cup
Spinach, 250 g
Parsley, 1 small handful
Coriander, 1 small handful
Garlic, 5-6 cloves
Red onion, 1 medium unit
Black pepper, 1 pinch
Ground nutmeg, 1 pinch
Vegan Cashew Cheese
Cashew, 1 cup
Salt, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Water, 1/2 cup
Brewer’s yeast powder, 2 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C), prepare pie pan with a diameter of 26 cm on the counter.
2. The crust: mix the dough ingredients in a bowl. Mix well to obtain a uniform dough.
3. Knead the dough well and form a ball. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough on a floured surface until it forms a flat circle, thin, less than 0.5 cm thick. Carefully transfer the dough to a pan, pierce the dough with a fork so that it does not swell and bake in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, baking only partially, then set aside to cool.
4. The filling: put all the filling ingredients in a bowl, mix well with your hands so that the mixture will release liquids (do not strain them, they contribute to the juiciness). Season and set the bowl aside while making the cashew cheese (takes 2 minutes!).
5. Cashew "cheese": put the cashews in a blender, add water, brewer's yeast and salt, mix well, add the "cheese" mixture to the bowl with the spinach. Mix well with a spatula, taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Place the filling mixture evenly on the crust that we baked earlier.
7. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, remove for partial cooling and serve while still hot with a freshly chopped salad next to it.
8. Bon appetite (:
You can add slices of tomato and red onion on top.
Total time: ±1 hour
Equipment: 26 cm diameter pie pan that comes apart at a height of 3 cm.
The nutritional value does not include the brewer's yeast powder.