White flour, 150 g (1 cup + 1 tabelspoon)
Baking powder, 10 g
Ground natural almonds, 50 g
Butter-flavored margarine, 120 g
Sugar, 1/4 cup
Coconut cream, 75 ml (1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon)
Butter-flavored margarine, 100 g
Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
Banana, 2-3 medium units
Chinese pecans, 100 g
Cinnamon, 1/2 flat teaspoon
Banana, 2 medium units
The Dough Preparation:
1. In a large bowl (or mixer bowl) put all the dough ingredients except the coconut cream and mix until a sandy mixture is obtained.
2. Add the coconut cream and mix until a dough is obtained.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
The Caramelized Bananas Preparation:
1. In a small pot melt the margarine for a minute, add the brown sugar and continue to mix until everything is melted and begins to take on a caramel color.
2. Cut the bananas into thin slices and add them into the pot.
3. Mix everything together for 3-4 minutes until the bananas start to get a caramel color.
4. Add in most of the Chinese pecans (leave some to garnish at the end) and stir for another minute.
5. Allow to cool and meanwhile preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C).
Returning to The Dough:
1. Take out about 0.33 of the dough to the side, roll out the rest of the dough on a rolled surface to a thickness of 4-5 mm (no more than 0.5 cm).
2. Divide in half and attach to the sides and bottom of the 2 cake pans.
3. Pour half of the caramelized bananas and pecans (the filling) into each pan, and gently sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
4. Crumble by hand the third of the dough we left aside for a kind of crumble that will close the filling over the tart.
5. Place the bananas for garnish and the Chinese pecans we left aside over the crumble.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the crumble on top begins to turn brown.
7. Cool completely before serving the best vegan tart you will ever taste!
8. Bon appetite (:
Total time: ±1 hour
Equipment: 2 standard size English cake pans.