Brown basmati rice, 1/2 cup
Lentil, 1 cup
Onion, 1 medium unit
Sweet potato, 1 medium unit
Almond, 1 handful
Parsley, 1 tablespoon
Garlic, 1 clove
Tahini, 2 tablespoon
Brown rice flour, 1 flat tablespoon
Salt, 1 pinch
Black pepper, 1 pinch
Cumin, 1 pinch
Water, as needed
1. Soak and sprout the green or brown lentils in advance: put them in a bowl with lukewarm water overnight (or more). Then, rinse the lentils well and transfer to a colander. Cover the colander and leave it for 12-24 hours, until the lentils begin to sprout.
2. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
3. Cook the rice with 2 cups of water for about 30 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
4. Cook the green or brown lentil sprouts with water for about 20 minutes until softened.
5. Chop the onion and grate the sweet potatoes coarsely.
6. Mix the onions and sweet potatoes and put them in a pan or oil-free pot with added salt. Cook lightly while stirring for about 3-4 minutes until they drain liquids.
7. In a food processor, grind the almonds into small chips.
8. Drain the cooked lentil sprouts from excess liquids, and mix them in a bowl with the cooked rice.
9. Chop the parsley.
10. Add the onion, sweet potato and parsley to the bowl and mix.
11. In a food processor grind half of the mixture together with the ground almonds and crushed garlic.
12. Combine half of the ground mixture with half of the unground mixture and add the rest of the ingredients.
13. Line an oven tray with baking paper and form patties with a spoon.
14. Bake for about 20 minutes until browned, turn the patties over and bake for another 10 minutes.
15. Bon appetite (:
If there is no brown rice flour you can use any other type of flour like wheat, spelt or chickpea flour and more.
Total time: 1-2 days
Equipment: food processor.
The preparation method also includes soaking, cooking and grinding.